Saturday, October 8, 2011

Up in the Air...again!

Tomorrow morning I fly out of Bristol airport to Dublin International - I'll be in Ireland for a five day mini-holiday with my friend Iain. Iain and I worked together as English teachers in Russia, and he is currently working in Helsinki but coming home to Ireland for a visit. I'm so excited to see him (we haven't seen each other since June, when we both headed off to teach at different camps in Russia and Bulgaria) and to finally see Ireland, a country I've always wanted to explore. Can't wait to get my pint of Guinness at the Storehouse and maybe experience some of that luck o' the Irish myself! :)

A cool pic from today's trip to Swindon:



I've noticed red mail boxes around the streets here with "ER" emblazoned
on them for "Elizabeth Regina" - Queen Elizabeth. But today I saw one
from an older era: GRVI for George Rex the Sixth, Elizabeth's father
(reigned 1937-1952), the subject of the Oscar-winning film "The King's Speech."

1 comment:

  1. Please have a Guinness (or two) for me! Give a big "hello" to Iain for us. And I love the new wellies and profile photo. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete